Tuesday, December 16, 2014

Santa Sangria

I was just going to update my party post with a link to the Santa Sangria that Sarah brought, but she gave me enough tweaks, I decided to share it in it's own little post. I liked that it was sweet and fruity, but not too sticky-sweet tasting. Yum!

Santa Sangria
(Sarah got the original recipe from Real Housemoms)

1 bottle (750 ml) Moscato Wine
2 cups 100% cranberry juice
1 cup POM Wonderful pomegranate juice
1/2 cup orange juice
1 can (12 oz) 7-up
1 apple, unpeeled, cored, quartered and sliced thin
1 orange, halved and sliced thin
1 lemon, halved and sliced thin
1 red bartlett pear, halved, cored and sliced thin
1/2 cup fresh cranberries, frozen (to help keep it chilled)*
1/4 cup pomegranate seeds

Mix all ingredients. Chill for several hours or overnight. Stir before serving.

*If I make it, I'll probably freeze the whole bag of cranberries and throw them in. I don't think they affect the flavor (based on my cranberry lemon water experiment), so you might as well have that much more "ice" and color. Also, Sarah said she didn't think the pomegranate seeds affected the flavor, so you could probably save yourself a buck or two if you wanted to skip those.

1 comment:

Kelly said...

oh yay!