Tuesday, March 03, 2015

Presale

A presale for tickets for Jim Gaffigan in Lincoln opened this morning. Lots of my friends are planning to go, and I can't resist. We missed him in Omaha last year, because it sounded like too much of an undertaking to make the drive AND spend the money on the tickets. I can't pass up a local show!

Ticketmaster gave me a headache while I tried to get seats. It took me nearly 40 minutes of fighting with and refreshing the site, and trying alternate browsers and waiting while it ticked off a 9 minute wait time so it could think over my request. Grr. All's well that ends well, though. I lined up a couple of the "cheap" seats (do actual cheap seats exist in the world anymore? I can't believe how expensive shows are).

A handful of friends were sending messages to each other with which seats we got. You couldn't choose your own, but had to let Ticketmaster offer you the "best available" in your price range. Several of us are near one another. And then, a few minutes after I emailed our seat assignments, Renee emailed hers. Ticketmaster, in its infinite wisdom, seated them immediately next to us. Of course it did.

A fun evening made even better!

And now... we wait four and a half months for the actual show. By which time, I'm hopeful, we'll have forgotten the painful cost of the tickets and be ready to spend again on dinner out before, or drinks after. We don't go out often. Might as well make it fun. I'm calling it our anniversary celebration (as are half my friends, since most of us married mid-summer).

No comments: