Monday, October 26, 2015

Prayers for AJ

I haven't blogged in a month and have a dozen posts I hope to catch up on very soon, as some major events have been checked off the list over the past week and I'm hopeful things are slowing down for a few weeks before holiday hoopla sets in.

Before I get to that light hearted posting, though, I have a serious prayer request.

AJ is Nathaniel's cousin and a dear friend of ours. She lives just around the block, so we're backyard neighbors, catty-corner by a couple houses. Got that? No? It's not really important. They point is, they live right there. We see them out walking often; Nathaniel like to stop at their house when he takes our kids on walks. We love having them in the 'hood. AJ and Isaac are a few years younger than us and have two sweet little people, Cora and Iggy. My kids adore Cora. Iggy is a baby, so they're still getting to know him, but they're pretty big fans of the whole family. Isaac is a professional sword fighter/wrestler/kid-thrower-in-the-airer, so he's attacked by Peter within minutes of showing up. (Now that I say that, Isaac actually was a rock star wrestler in high school, so that part isn't a complete joke.) Basically, they're the coolest.

AJ has cancer. "Big cancer", as she called it.

Her caring bridge site is HERE if you want to read her post. It's good for a laugh despite the heavy subject matter, because that's the kind of person she is, which is probably why we get along so well.

Please pray for AJ and Isaac and their whole extended family. She's one of 10 kids (her mom is the only of Sherri's sisters to beat her in the child-headcount game) and her whole family is reeling. But AJ has more strength and spunk and awesomeness than pretty much anyone else I know, and I have huge hope and confidence that she'll get through this with flying colors.

No comments: