Here's a basic outline of all the places we traveled...
 |
| The kids noted that there is little color to be seen, so they might reconsider this slogan. |
 |
| So. Hot. |
 |
| How do people get those stickers up there?! |
 |
Your sign on this small highway was underwhelming, WY, but Ellen was with us which made it all okay!
(Except maybe for Peter... no idea what he was so grumpy about.) |
 |
This sign would have been the worst, but it was IN Yellowstone, and matched all the other park signs,
so you have to give them some leeway. |
 |
| WY redeemed itself on our second entrance. |
 |
| It was dusk, and pronghorn were everywhere. I can hardly believe we didn't capture any in this photo. |
And then, of course, we returned to Nebraska on the last day. We intended to catch that sign as well, but we missed it (it must have been first-WY-sign-quality) and we were too tired to turn around and trek back for it, even a mile.
Details on each of our stops to come! And don't worry - I was there, and I'm even in a few photos, I promise.
3 comments:
I'm excited to hear all about the trip!!
The Wyoming picture of everyone is great. Did you get to some states you hadn't seen in your life?
Leah - I've actually visited 49 of the 50 states already (only missing Alaska, but I'm in no rush to get there), so no new states for me, but all new National Parks. UT and ID were new to the rest of the family, and I'd never spend any real time in SD so that was fun to see more of!
Post a Comment